ENVIRONMENT AND PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT BUNDLE
Can the efforts of local environmental stewards impact resource management, environmental governance, and even social movements? What are the impacts of citizen science? How do we build resilient communities? This bundle includes resources for a broad transdisciplinary audience of researchers, educators, and practitioners who are interested in improving existing programs or developing new ones.
- Citizen Science: Public Participation in Environmental Research
- Grassroots to Global: Broader Impacts of Civic Ecology
- Communicating Climate Change: A Guide for Educators
- Connecting the Drops: A Citizens’ Guide to Protecting Water Resources
TREES AND MOSSES BUNDLE
The importance of trees and their allies cannot be overstated. Trees are master cleaners, filtering water pollution and absorbing pollutant gases from the air. They support biodiversity, providing habitat to hundreds of species within a single tree. Healthy forests are critical to our future. Learn more with this special bundle.
- Woody Plants of the Northern Forest: A Photographic Guide
- Woody Plants of the Northern Forest: A Quick Guide
- Mosses, Liverworts, and Hornworts: A Field Guide to Common Bryophytes of the Northeast
Muenscher’s Keys to Woody Plants: An Expanded Guide to Native and Cultivated Species
Native and Cultivated Conifers of Northeastern North America: A Guide
- Trees: A Complete Guide to Their Biology and Structure
BIRDS AND THE BEES BUNDLE
Besides being beautiful, birds and bees—alongside pollinator species—play a critical role in sustaining ecosystems. Animals pollinate almost 90 percent of plants and 75 percent of food crops. Learn more about how you can protect and support these important ecological players with this selection of Comstock classics.
- The Birds at My Table: Why We Feed Wild Birds and Why It Matters
The Audubon Society Guide to Attracting Birds: Creating Natural Habitats for Properties Large and Small
- From Where I Sit: Essays on Bees, Beekeeping, and Science
COSTA RICA BUNDLE
Despite its small size, Costa Rica holds almost 6 percent of the world’s biodiversity. Its impressive system of parks and reserves covers a quarter of the nation’s land area and helps protect the wealth of species and their habitats. In this Bundle, take your pick from a wide range of field guides and photo books that introduce the reader to the fascinating natural history of this unique country.
- National Parks of Costa Rica
- Reptiles of Costa Rica: A Field Guide
- Amphibians of Costa Rica: A Field Guide
- Hidden Kingdom: The Insect Life of Costa Rica
- Photo Guide to Birds of Costa Rica
- Costa Rica: A Journey through Nature
Kitty Liu is the Editorial Director of the Comstock imprint, which publishes academic and trade titles in science, nature, and the environment. She also oversees publication of the journal Research in Outdoor Education; and sponsors the following series and collections: Cornell Series in Environmental Education; The Northern Forest Atlas Guides; WCS Birds of Brazil Field Guides; and Zona Tropical. When not in the office, you’ll find her in the woods.
Love to share? Tell us what books made your bundle, tagging @CornellPress and using the hashtag #BundleWeek on social, and we might just share them to inspire others.
Stay tuned for Bundle Week promo codes to be released next Monday May 20th, and happy Bundle Week!
You must be logged in to post a comment.